Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Inspiration: Simply

Greatness is not found in possessions, power, position, or prestige. It is discovered in goodness, humility, service, and character
Humboldt Redwood State Park, Northern CA


When we were camping in the Redwoods, the trees were giants  Hence why they called it the Avenue of Giants. You were only a small tiny person in a forest of huge trees. It felt like you were shrunk in this mystical forest. A tiny person in such a large area.

The last week took a lot out of me. With two jobs, the heat, long days and other responsibilities  it become easy to turn cranky and annoyed with everything. It's that time in summer where I quickly get sick of working all the time. I look forward to the day when I won't have to be at work at 10 at night.
Sometimes you feel like you are only a tiny person in a huge forest and you feel overwhelmed with it all. I often find myself overwhelmed with everything going on but then I remember I have a supportive husband and great friends. That I can ask for help or just someone to listen to me complain and give me booze. 

It's really the simple things. In the craziness of the long hot summer days, I am only thinking of the simple things. 


A song that keeps getting played this last week :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what ya think!