Wednesday, July 3, 2013

so you want to be a indie rock/folk duet...

There was a boy and there was a girl, 
And together they made music. 
Check out below these dynamic duets. 









Ok so this more of a band BUT there is generally only a guy and girl who sing so I am putting them in this category. Stars is Canadian band who has been putting albums out for over ten years now. My introduction to Stars was at one my most favorite place in the whole world : The Record Exchange in Boise. Back then I was still buying CDs in 2007. I was visiting for the weekend and I picked up this CD on a whim. Best Random CD Purchase EVER. That sunday I had to work at noon so I woke up at 7am in Boise after only a few hours of sleep and drove home with the sun rising and In Our Bedroom After the War playing. Some of their songs have bit of a groovy vibe to them. The songs are catchy and this is a CD I can listen to over and over again. My top three songs: My Favourite Book, The Ghost of Genova Hights, Soft Revolution

The Weepies is a married magical musical talented couple with soft songs and quiet lyrics. Putting music out since 2003, each album is amazing. This couple met, got married, had a baby, and produced great music. Living the dream if I must say. My top three songs: Living in Twilight, Painting by Chagall, World Spins Madly On. 


The real question here is who Doesn't know The Civil Wars. Even m husband the other day said that someone on WOW (world of warcraft) recommended them to him. HA! They are most famous for the song they did with Taylor Swift that was featured on the Hunger Games. I have also heard their music used in numerous books and they are on many authors playlist (including my own). A mix of country/folk/indie these two create music that hits many different groups of people. My top three songs: I've Got This Friend, Poison and Wine, Falling 

I am a HUGE Zooey Deschanel fan. I love her in 500 Days of Summer and New Girl and I love her as part of She and Him, which is Zooey and M.Ward. So when she sings in that rich throaty voice songs that make you think of going to a sock hop or groovy tunes of the past, I am completely happy. This girl has got it going on and M. Ward isn't too shabby either. My top three songs: Thieves, I Thought I Saw Your Face Today, Baby 



Who is your favorite indie duet?? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what ya think!