Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday Inspiration: Change

"He was shaken by the revelation that the headlong race between his misfortunes and his dreams was at that moment reaching the finish line. The rest was darkness. 'Damnit,' He sighed. 'How will I ever get out of the labyrinth' " -Looking for Alaska: John Green 
When I write this Monday Inspirations they are not only for my lovely readers (all 5 of you???) but also for myself. Today I want to focus on accepting change. It seems that with D and I, things are constantly changing, our plans seem to be morphing every time I look at them. I don't know if it is just D and I or this is just how it is when you are in your mid 20s. One week we have these marvelous plans and then the next they don't apply to our situation. Some of it we have control over, but other things we dont. Timelines change, different opportunities arise and it can be really draining.

It's hard because we want to please everyone, but know that it is not possible. It's hard to make plans because we have no idea where we will be in the next few years. And any time we think, ok this is what is going to happen. It changes. I have officially given up make plans for anything more than 6 months in advance. 

And the funny thing. I embrace change. I want change. Like a drastic change. A change in scenery. But, alas, I am here and will be for at least another year as I finish my MPA. So I guess my words of wisdom end up in this: Take everyday as a gift. Find the best you can in it. Because things change. For good and for bad and cheesy as it sounds, there is this moment and this moment only that matters. The rest will figure it out. If you stress about it, you will drive yourself crazy (Yes, I am looking at myself here) 


And because this is what I am listening to right now....a little old school this Monday for you :) 







1 comment:

  1. It's now all 6 of us! And I love your words of wisdom!!! This is a fantastic post!!! It's just what I needed to read today! XO

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what ya think!