Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday Inspiration: All about books

"I don't believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book" -J.K. Rowling 
(From my personal library) 

March is National Reading Month so this week I am talking about books!! Next week I will writing some posts about topics that I have encountered or discussed in school including a fun project I am working on. This week I am focusing on our favorite characters that we love to hate! I find that if an author can take the "evil" character and make him totally lovable, than it adds an interesting dimension to a book as well as shows some great talent. And here is the line up for this week:

Tuesday: Brennus from the Premonition Series by Amy Bartol
Wednesday: Warner from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Thursday: Sebastian from the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
Friday: Jonathan from the Barely Breathing series by Rebecca Donovan 

The facebook page for Amazon Kindle has asked a question each day for March and I thought I would answer them here, because books have always been an inspiration for me. Feel free to answer these questions with me in the comments!!

1. What is the first line of the book you are currently reading?
"I've started dreaming of Portland again" Requiem by Lauren Oliver

2. What book had the largest impact on you as a child?
When I was a kid around the second grade, I actually couldn't read. I was really far behind and had to take one-on-one reading classes for a whole year. Angelina the Ballerina was the first book I read all the way through by myself. After that year and the help I got, it was like a switch was turned on. I jumped from a below K reading level to a 6th grade reading level the next year and I haven't stopped reading since! 

3. Have you ever read a book in one sitting? If so, which one?
All the time! I read really fast, it takes me about 4 hours to read a book that is roughly 300-350 pages long. 

4. Who is your favorite author?
There is no way I can pick just one so I will give you my top five: John Green, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Nora Roberts, Sarah Dessen, Jennifer L. Armentrout 

5. What is your all time favorite book series?
Again, I can only pick one?? Nope I am going to pick three: Harry Potter series, I grew up with HP it is something that was engrained in my age group. The Chicago Stars series by Susan Elizabeth Phillips, I can read those books over and over again. And The Sea Swept trilogy by Nora Roberts, which have some of my all time favorite characters. 

6. What was the best book you read last year?
Slammed by Colleen Hoover. Hands Down. 

7. What is one book you wished more people read?
The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay 

8. What was the first book that made you cry?
I don't cry in books but I can list the three books I know I balled in. The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks and My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult (the only book of hers I like) Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson 

9. What book always makes you laugh out loud?
Bahh so many: Anything by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. Wallbanger by Alice Clayton. The Stephanie Plum series,  Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Cruise, How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what ya think!